Saturday, April 25, 2015

Mini-Challenge: In 100 Years . . .

This hour's challenge poses the question, "What books will be "classics" a hundred years from now?"  Selections can be made from any book published since 1990 and published in English.  

Here are my three choices:

11/22/63 by Stephen King - It ties the world of 1963 to 2011 (when it was published). I'm sure in another 100 years, the history will be even more thrilling and fun to read.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - In spite of all the hoopla surrounding the movies, the books in this series will hold up as extraordinary writing and a phenomenal story.

For my third choice, I would like to select "everything ever written by Sarah Addison Allen", but since that's probably bending the rules, I will narrow it down to "The Sugar Queen".  Obviously, I love all of Ms. Allen's writing, but the Sugar Queen is her most surprising story.  If it's not a classic already, it should be!



3 comments:

  1. I certainly don't read as often as I would like to. I definitely need to make time each day to read. I guess you could say I am the one who always sees the popular books in the form of a movie. I looked Sarah's books up on Amazon, they sound like books I would enjoy reading. Actually they had one for Waking Kate of $0 so I put it on my phone Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to read a response to something like this and I have read EVERY book and enjoyed them! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd been able to do enough of the readathon to have fun with the challenges. I still need to read 11/22/63,

    ReplyDelete