Friday, March 6, 2015

First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen

It's October in Bascom, North Carolina, and autumn will not go quietly. As temperatures drop and leaves begin to turn, the Waverley women are made restless by the whims of their mischievous apple tree... and all the magic that swirls around it. But this year, first frost has much more in store.
When a mysterious stranger shows up and challenges the very heart of their family, each of them must make choices they have never confronted before. And through it all, the Waverley sisters must search for a way to hold their family together through their troublesome season of change, waiting for that extraordinary event that is First Frost.
Lose yourself in Sarah Addison Allen's enchanting world and fall for her charmed characters in this captivating story that proves that a happily-ever-after is never the real ending to a story. It's where the real story begins.

For fear of sounding like a broken record, I went back and re-read my review of Sarah Addison Allen's previous books.  I have adored all her books and wrote rave reviews of them, and finding new words is a challenge.  So, I'm not even going to try.  I'll borrow words from the books own blurb -  magic, mysterious, enchanting, charmed, captivating.

In my own words - it's a really good book.  Read it!

I'm such a big fan of Ms. Allen's books that I pre-ordered it the minute I heard it was coming out.  And when publication date arrived . . . I bought it again.  (Soon I'll be hiding my own Easter eggs.)  Since I now have two copies, I'll share the wealth.  Just leave a comment and you'll be entered to win my spare copy.  If I actually get more than one comment, I'll draw the winner on Tuesday morning.

If you are unfamiliar with her books, I recommend that you read Garden Spells first, since they contain the same characters.  It helps to be familiar with the characters and their history.  And while you're at the library, pick up Sugar Queen, which is her best book yet.


1 comment:

  1. Great review! I have read a short story of hers. Looks like this will be my next reading adventure. Garden Spells and then this one!!

    ReplyDelete