Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I'm Late...I'm Late...

“How did it get so late so soon? 
It's night before it's afternoon.
 December is here before it's June. 
My goodness how the time has flewn. 
How did it get so late so soon?”
               - Dr. Seuss

Or maybe I should just say "Second verse, same as the first . . . "  I keep whining about how working full time is messing with my blogging time, but whining isn't helping.  I'm going to have to come up with a plan to balance, work, family, housekeeping, crafting/sewing and reading.

In the mean time, here's last week's Tangled Thursday post and today's Needlework Tuesday post - all wrapped up into one delayed display.

The Tangled Thursday challenge was to tangle "Easter" - in whatever form you chose.  I made a couple of attempts that didn't end well, so had nothing to post last Thursday.  But since it's not quite Easter yet, I completed the challenge ... belatedly.
One "non-traditional" Tangle  based on a stained-glass cross I saw on-line,
combined with a "how to draw a lily" lesson.

And one traditional Tangle tile.
Moving on to Tuesday (which is almost over).  I started a new project I'm really liking.
This is the first 1/4 of a shawl, made from some beautiful, chunky yarn I picked up with no specific purpose in mind. The picture doesn't do justice to the lovely aqua color.  This is knitted on a 11 1/2" circle loom, using the Figure 8 stitch.  It is temporarily on hold until this weekend when I can get more yarn.  While I wait, I worked on the knitted baby blanket I posted about a week or two ago, and on my "book" quilt, and . . .

I had a Martha Stewart moment and decopaged my Easter eggs  I saw this idea, which is based on an idea from Martha's web-site, on Pinterest.  It was so simple and I love the results.

If you decide to try this, I would recommend cutting the napkins into smaller pieces and overlapping them.  That method reduces the bulk of paper on the back side.  I did a few each way.   It took them a lot longer to dry (over night) than I expected, but once they did, the finish is very durable.  I have mine out on display so, obviously, they are no longer edible, but if you return them to the fridge to dry and store, you can crack them open for lunch later.

And speaking of LATEr... back to the drawing board for that time management plan...

1 comment:

  1. sorry I missed getting by for a visit before Easter. your cross with the lily is lovely. I hadn't thought of drawing a lily even though it is such a common Easter flower. Nicely done.

    The aqua of the yarn is very pretty. When ever I've used the looms I've used worsted weight as that's what I had on hand but it always seemed a bit thin. The chunky would be a nicer choice.

    We didn't do eggs this year. If I had seen yours earlier , I would have been tempted. What medium did you use to put them together?

    Thanks for linking up , it's always a pleasure to visit with you.

    ReplyDelete