Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tangled Thursday: String #058


When Marie issued this week's challenge - to draw a Zentangle using string #058 from tanglepatterns.com - I was unsure.  My Zentangles rarely follow the "rules" and using a "pre-fab" string was new to me.  But I had a blast!  Who knew there were so many ways to interpret a few lines and curves?

My first design sticks to most of the Zentangle guidelines and uses some new-to-me patterns, so I labeled them in case you want to find them.  

My second version widens the lines of the string to make each section separate.  It reminds me of a broken plate - the pieces fit together but don't quite make a whole plate again.


Number 3 goes back to the first week of Tangled Thursday when I used a "tiled" background.  Time to try it again.


A variety of curly-ques gives a totally different look.


And finally - my favorite.  Can you see the original string?   Actually, I used four strings - one in each quadrant of the square - each rotated 90 degrees.


If you'll pardon my minimal "Paint" skills, this is the basic outline of the four connected strings.

Thanks, Marie, for a fun and challenging theme!  And speaking of themes, it's my turn to choose the challenge for next week.  In honor of the Winter Olympics beginning February 7, Zentangle the Olympic rings.

As always, the interpretation is up to you --  color, no color, interlocking, overlapping, realistic or abstract... just have fun.

Tangled Thursday is hosted by Heather @ Books and Quilts.  Visit Heather to see what people are "tangling" or to link up.

3 comments:

  1. Well done. Great interpretations. I can't pick just one, they all are so appealing. What I really do like is where you step outside the box, the little whisps and leaves and such that extend beyond the string. Looking forward to next weeks challenge. ps, are we going to see some tangles from your sister?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Tami. I like the quadrant idea.

    ReplyDelete