Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Needlework Tuesday

A co-worker asked me if I would/could make some aprons for the little girls on her Christmas list.  I sifted through the many options on Pinterest and settled on one from Whim-Z B's - which is actually a scaled down version of a pattern from The Dating Divas.

http://whimzb.blogspot.com
The instructions included detailed measurements that made it easy to make my own newspaper pattern.  I chose not to add the ruffle at the bottom, so I changed the curve at the bottom slightly.

I am thrilled with this adorable little apron, made from a remnant I received in a fabric swap. This size would fit a little lady up to about age 4.  I chose a contrasting fabric for the reverse side and pocket ruffle.  The neck strap slips over the head and the waist strap fastens on the right side with velcro - no tying for little fingers.


.


I am now working on a mid-size version for 5-8 year-old ladies, and have had requests for the adult size, so I may be making aprons for some time.  

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather at Books & Quilts.


6 comments:

  1. Nice work, Tami! Great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable - maybe you could do "dollie" aprons to go with the little girls?? :) You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Thanks for showing us how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and practical. I remember making some for my kids when they were little, though I used the leg of a pair of jeans. cut open the one seam and then cut to shape. I added pre-folded bias binding for the neck loop and ties. . Worked very well.

    ReplyDelete